Convenor - Scott Gurney | Selkirk Regional Secondary School | email@example.com | 204.482.6926
2020 Cross Country Meet Schedule | Proposed Schedule
Prior to arrival, each athlete and coach should complete a COVID self-screening questionnaire and submit to COVID Safety Official. (sample: AC attachment, p. 25)
· Sanitize hands upon arrival and observe social distancing whenever possible.
· Schools set up separate “camps” or “home bases” and should not mix with athletes from other schools.
· Coaches will need to provide the convenor with a list of participating athletes and coaches before arrival. This is to ensure we stay under the “100 participant” permit limit.
· Warmups and course walk-throughs should be completed with physical distancing in mind.
· Athletes remain with their teams until called to the start line.
· Start line will be divided into “boxes” for each school: fastest two athletes at the front and all athletes maintaining physical distancing. (see AM attachment, p.6)
· Whenever possible, while running, athletes should:
- Maintain distancing from others; no “drafting”.
- When passing, call out “passing on your left” and then pass immediately, 6 feet away.
- Runners who are passed should drop back to 6-foot distance.
· Athletes maintain distancing in finish chute and leave finish area immediately.
· Athletes and teams leave site as soon as possible.
· All volunteers in finish area will be wearing masks. Place cards will be handed out by volunteer with gloves and mask.
· All participants should sanitize hands when they leave the site.